Sunday, July 10, 2011

Crunchy, Ashy Hair

Hi Again,

So I did a no poo wash today because I am one of those people that absolutely has to wash my hair every week and I am totally out of all of my favorite shampoos. I thought that the no poo wash would leave my hair feeling clean and soft because for those of you that don't know, a no poo wash is when you wash your hair using only conditioner. To my surprise, my hair feels really crunchy...YIKES!...and it looks ashy. I think that there is some kind of change going on with me because my hair is really doing some weird things these days. Because of all the fuss, I have decided to order the WEN hair care system. It is supposed to clean the hair using only natural oils. I watched the infomercial the other day and decided to give it a try. I will do a product review once it gets here. Hopefully the total system will be worth the $29 that I am paying. Has anyone else tried this before? Also, does anyone else have any suggestions for ashy dry looking hair. I did my usual moisturizing routine after washing and everything but for some reason today my hair just wants to do its own thing; but on a good note, my scalp does feel clean and it's not itchy at all.



I tried to capture the dull dry crunchiness of the hair in the picture but not sure if that worked so well or not. I am smiling now because I had to take at least 20 pictures to get one that I could show so I was laughing inside(I do that often plus I am just a smiler). Kept seeing things in the background like mail on the table, kids would run through, I would have some crazy look on my face, etc. It was pretty funny but I guess you'd just have to be there :)

I think I will do yet another braid out or twist out for tomorrow. Maybe adding the texture will make it look a bit better. Plus...those are my two favorite styles right now since I have a little length these days.

Until next time,
Lock on wit yo bad self!
HN

3 comments:

  1. MeainThanks for the infor but I am not having a problem with unwanted hair. I am trying to get advice on how to make my Sisterlocks soft and keep them moisturized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Niki, do you think maybe it could be your water? Sometimes the tap water can be very harsh.
    I've never used WEN but I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! It's e msfullroller. I've moved the blog and changed the name in case you are wondering.

    I've been letting my hair air-dry but while it's still damp I put a generous amount of my herb infused coconut oil on. It seems to help with that ashy look.

    ReplyDelete