Monday, October 7, 2013

Hey Y'all! I'm still around..Update on my daughter & her locks!

Hello there Blog Family!!! I can't believe that it has been over 2 years since I have posted. My life has been very busy to say the least: furthering my education through the doctoral program for the past 2 years, taking care of a parent who suddenly fell ill, needed my immediate attention during his final days (RIP Daddy), working part time, and being wife to my handsome Army Officer and mother to my awesome children.

Although I haven't posted, I have taken quick looks at many of you who still post somewhat regularly but will have to get caught up in the blog world. I  have missed all of my blog friends as I affectionately call you all even though we have never met ;)

Well, I thought that I would post a collage of pictures of my hair over time but as I started looking through my photos I found quite a few of my daughter (Munkin, mentioned in previous posts) who also wears locks. Although our locks were installed by an official Sister Locks trainee, I have taken over the maintenance and care for both of our heads thanks to the help of so many of you fellow lockers.

... So without further ado...Here is my little (taller than me 13 year old, 9th grade, JV cheerleader, tumbling, honor roll, track star, 1st chair violinist, Lock Rocker) Princess Munkin over the years! Her locks are 5 years old (as of August 18, 2013) and she still has major shrinkage but she absolutely loves her hair and all of her friends do too!

From about 1 year in - present,

    ...just have to love this girl for embracing her natural hair even in this age of relaxers and weaves for children her same age.


I will return soon with an update of my own hair.

Until next time,
Lock on wit yo bad self!

1 comment:

  1. She looks nice! Her locks look great!
    May all girls love their natural hair! :)

    Take care~

    ReplyDelete